Head Official (HO)
Field Position: 5-10 Yds Behind the QB
– Responsible for play clock.
– Responsible for moving the Spot Cone.
– Will announce all game penalties via megaphone after confirming with other officials.
Line Official (LO)
Field Position: Line of scrimmage, Away Side
– Responsible for ensuring line is set and giving the ready signal as soon as all of offense is set.
– Watch QB to ensure they don’t throw after crossing the LOS
Forward Official (FO)
Field Position: Next 1st down / touchdown, Home Side
– Responsible for tracking spot of the ball on mid/deep plays.
– Responsible for checking player’s flags after they score a touchdown.
Clock Official (CO)
Field Position: Press Box
– Responsible for controlling game clock.
– Responsible for recording game statistics.
Officials Inquiry Form
Use this form to contact us if you are interested in becoming a referee for RFB.